Dream Harvest is an award-winning start-up game studio building AA experiences that challenge the status quo when it comes to genres.
With a focus on building online, live games for PC and Consoles with a narrative and community-driven focus; we aim to create AAA like experiences but with the small team creativity and agility found in indie studios.
As a Senior 3D Environment Artist, you will drive the story of our game with art. Visual storytelling using set-dressing and crafting the highest quality assets are your passions. You have a drive for excellence that you use to inspire the team around you.
Working closely with the Art Director, Design Team, and Creative Director you will ensure that all aspects of our world look exceptional.
This role is offered on a Remote or on-site basis at our Brighton office.
- Craft compelling visual narratives that reinforce and enhance the game’s setting, narrative and gameplay elements.
- Work closely with the Lead Environment Artist and Art Director to create high-quality 3D environment art.
- Combine traditional art aesthetics with next-gen 3D authoring techniques to create visually compelling 3D spaces.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry tools and work with our engineers and tech artist department to bring them into our workflow.
- Create a broad range of environmental assets that include architecture, nature and props from both concept and photo reference.
- Ensure assets and environments conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
- Work with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives, defined quality bar, and schedule.
- Mentor and inspire junior artists.
- Implement final assets into the game engine - creating well-composed environmental ‘best practice’ locations to serve as a visual guide for Level Design.
- Use a world editor you will populate and set dress our game world using a variety of 3D assets.
- Collaborate closely with other departments within the studio (Code, Animation, VFX etc.) to ensure project goals are met.
- Support the outsource pipeline to ensure quality is being maintained.
- Achieve a high level of artistic fidelity while maintaining engine budgets, limits, and memory constraints.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A solid portfolio demonstrating experience in the creation of high quality, high-resolution 3D assets, UV maps and textures.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as an artist in the games industry with at least 1 AA/AAA shipped title.
- Strong modelling skill and experience in a major 3d package.
- Experience with texture creation/authoring tools such as the Substance Suite.
- Experience working with a game engine (Unreal, Unity or similar).
- A strong understanding of art fundamentals.
- An appreciation for architecture and design.
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- A positive, collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
WORKING AT DREAM HARVEST
At Dream Harvest, we're a small team building big, genre-defining experiences. We pride ourselves on the multi-disciplined nature of our team and it's important for us that every member of the team has a voice in the direction we take our games and studio. Working at Dream Harvest, your work will have a serious impact and will be integral to the success of our games. You'll get the chance to work closely with all the other disciplines at the studio and really put your stamp on everything we work on.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A great team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours and laid-back atmosphere
- Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Wednesday studio lunch
- Board Gaming Nights
- Skill Sharing Days / Events and more.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
NeuroSlicers (http://www.neuroslicers.game) is a highly tactical cyberpunk RTS that turns the genre on its head by focusing on fast, macro and total information gameplay, short 8-12 min matches, epic global objectives and a dark cyberpunk narrative campaign that carefully combines Solo, Co-Op and competitive PVP into a seamless whole.
If you have any questions about this or any of our other roles feel free to speak to the team directly on our Discord at https://discord.gg/T7fRDe8
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying